Saturday, November 12, 2011

Free Ride

This past week, I was an extra in the motion picture "Free Ride"(2012), starring Anna Paquin. I played a waiter. It was a tremendous time, and I ended up having one of the most active onscreen roles among the extras there. Everyone on set knew my name by the end of the shoot. 

Anna Paquin (X-Men, True Blood, etc.) and several other stars were on set, and I spoke with a few of them, but kept on task during the filming, keeping things professional. 

I am looking forward to seeing which takes they used, and how I appear in the final edit. Playing a waiter, I provided a great deal of the background movement in a fine dining situation within the shots. I also had a hand in prop continuity, as I had to freshen up the platter of appetizers each time we did another take of the scene. It was interesting, as working with the wardrobe dept., they had me try on many "party-goer" outfits, then decided they wanted me to play a bus boy. Later, on the set, the people in charge decided I should be the main waiter in the scene. No stunts, wires or green screen this time. I am definitely looking forward to my next role... 

Here is a link to the IMDB listing for the film: Free Ride